Brain maps III :structure of the rat brain : an atlas with printed and electronic templates for data, models, and schematics
- au: L.W. Swanson.
- Publish: Amsterdam ;Boston : Elsevier Academic Press c2004.
- 出版年: 2004
- ver: 3rd rev. ed
- sb: Rats , Rats Nervous system , Anatomy , Brain , Brain Anatomy , Nervous system
- ISBN: 0126105820 , 0126105839 , 9780126105827 , 9780126105834
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-201) and index
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/els041/2003111106.html http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/els041/2003111106.html
- ref_id: 000102574
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
For neuroscientists, particularly those studying neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and molecular biology, a detailed atlas of the rat brain is essential for any laboratory. This updated edition of Brain Maps: Structure of the Rat Brain provides atlas maps aligned in 3-dimensional space and created using color photomicrographs of histological sections based on a single rat brain. Where other atlases use multiple brains as models, the use of a single brain allows for true 3-D reconstruction. The atlas employs color coding of the major parts of the brain and extends this coding system to the atlas levels, flatmaps, and nomenclature tables for easier reference. With systematic nomenclature tables, references to the primary research literature for all of the structures, coverage of the neuroanatomical methods and mapping, and an accompanying CD-ROM of all of the atlas maps, this is a reference every laboratory should have on-hand.* Provides systematic treatment of the anatomy of the rat brain, based on a single brain model* Updated to reflect new data about brain regionalization* Includes CD-ROM with all of the brain maps