Electrical stimulation for pelvic floor disorders
- au: edited by Jacopo Martellucci.
- Publish: Cham : Springer International Publishing :Imprint: Springer c2015.
- 出版年: 2015
- sb: Medicine & Public Health. , Pelvis Diseases -- Treatment. , DiseasesTreatment. , Complementary & Alternative Medicine. , Rehabilitation Medicine. , Pain Medicine. , Urology/Andrology. , Minimally Invasive Surgery. , Electronic books. , Pelvic floor. , Pelvis , Electric stimulation. , Colorectal Surgery.
- ISBN: 3319069462 , 3319069470 , 9783319069463 , 9783319069470
- ps: Foreword by E Weil -- Preface -- 1.Introduction -- 2.Functional anatomy of the pelvic floor -- 3.Neurophysiology and Neurophysiological Evaluation of the Pelvic Floor -- 4.Basic concepts in electricity and electrotherapy -- 5.Acupuncture and Electroacupuncture -- 6.Electrical Stimulation, Biofeedback and other rehabilitative techniques -- 7.Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation -- 8.Tibial Nerve Stimulation -- 9.Sacral Nerve Modulation: techniques and indications -- 10. Sacral Nerve Modulation for urinary disorders: Over Active Bladder -- 11.Sacral Nerve Modulation for urinary disorders: Urinary Retention -- 12.Sacral Nerve Modulation for Fecal Incontinence -- 13.Sacral Nerve Modulation for Constipation -- 14.Pudendal Nerve Modulation -- 15.Electrical stimulation in sexual dysfunction -- 16.Electrical stimulation for Pelvic Pain -- 17.Pelvic Floor Neuromodulation in Neurologic patients -- 18.New frontiers.
- ab: This book will enable the reader to gain a sound understanding of contemporary and futuristic evidence-based interventions and assessment procedures for pelvic floor disorders. It gathers the experiences of some of the most important experts on electrical stimulation techniques, offering a multidisciplinary and problem-oriented approach organized according to therapeutic goals. Interventions are recommended that are consistent with theory and display clinical efficacy for specific disorders, including urinary incontinence or retention, fecal incontinence, constipation, pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction, and neurological diseases involving the pelvic floor. All of the surgical or rehabilitative techniques requiring electrical stimulation for the treatment of these disorders are explored, and essential background information is provided on functional anatomy, neurophysiology, and concepts in electrotherapy. This volume will be a very useful tool for urologists, general or colorectal surgeons, gynecologists, and anesthesiologists, and also physiotherapists and alternative medicine practitioners (a specific chapter focuses on electroacupuncture). It will assist in their clinical practice as they seek to help the very many patients who suffer from any of the wide range of functional pelvic floor disorders.
- URL: click for full text (SpringerLink)
- ref_id: 000281067
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結