Massachusetts General Hospital handbook of general hospital psychiatry
- au: [edited by] Theodore A. Stern ... [et al.].
- Publish: [Saint Louis] : Mosby c2004.
- 出版年: 2004
- ver: 5th ed
- sb: Hospitalization , Mental Disorders , Psychology, Medical , Referral and Consultation , Psychiatric consultation Handbooks, manuals, etc , Patients , Hospital patients Mental health -- Handbooks, manuals, etc , Patients psychology , Sick , Sick Psychology -- Handbooks, manuals, etc , Hospital patients , Mental healthHandbooks, manuals, etc , Psychiatric consultation , Handbooks, manuals, etc , PsychologyHandbooks, manuals, etc , psychology
- ISBN: 0323027679 , 9780323027670
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000098268
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Written by one of the premier psychiatry departments in the world, this "gold standard" on consultation liaison psychiatry offers expert guidance on diagnosing and treating the psychiatric problems of the in-hospital, medically ill patient. It features practical advice on how to manage both adults and children who are coping with life-threatening illnesses, chronic disease, disfigurement, and more. Readers will also find advice on commonly found but difficult to manage problems such as depression, anxiety, and delirium.Features the expertise of clinicians, teachers, and researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital. Provides cognitive and behavioral strategies that practitioners at all levels can use.Presents practical guidance on drugs and their side effects, along with recommendations for alternative drug therapies.Discusses how to manage difficult, hypochondriacal, and somatoform and conversion patients.Features 20 brand-new chapters that discuss such key issues as end-of-life 繚 geriatric considerations 繚 eating disorders 繚 genetics 繚 behavioral medicine and hypnosis 繚 and complementary medicine and natural medications.Presents updated and expanded material on psychopharmacology and drug/drug interactions.Offers advice on how to avoid critical errors.