Textbook of cancer epidemiology
- au: edited by Hans-Olov Adami, David Hunter Dimitrios Trichopoulos.
- Publish: Oxford ;New York, N.Y. : Oxford University Press c2002.
- 出版年: 2002
- cu: Monographs
- sb: Epidemiology. , Cancer , Neoplasms , Cancer Epidemiology. , Neoplasms epidemiology. , epidemiology.
- ISBN: 0195109694 , 9780195109696
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ref_id: 000086553
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
This superb text gives a concise, systematic account of what is currently known about the epidemiology and primary prevention for most forms of human cancer. Early chapters summarize the principles and methods of epidemiology, the biology of cancer, cancer genetics, the emerging potential of biomarkers, and the burden of cancer around the world. Then chapters of uniform structure on over 20 types of cancer provide clinical and pathological outlines, descriptive epidemiology, and a comprehensive account of risk factors and their etiological importance. Specific sections address somatic and germ cell mutations that play a role in the occurrence of particular forms of cancer.