Guide to human genome computing
- au: edited by Martin J. Bishop.
- Publish: San Diego, Calif. : Academic Press c1998.
- 出版年: 1998
- ver: 2nd ed.
- sb: Methods. , Human gene mapping Data processing. , Chromosome Mapping , Human gene mapping Computer network resources. , Nucleotide sequence , Chromosome Mapping Methods. , Nucleotide sequence Computer network resources. , Computer network resources. , Data processing. , Nucleotide sequence Data processing. , Genome Human. , Medical Informatics Computing. , Human gene mapping , Sequence Analysis.
- ISBN: 0121020517 , 9780121020514
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ref_id: 000085160
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
The Guide to Human Genome Computing is invaluable to scientists who wish to make use of the powerful computing tools now available to assist them in the field of human genome analysis. This book clearly explains access and use of sequence databases, and presents the various computer packages used to analyze DNA sequences, measure linkage analysis, compare and align DNA sequences from different genes or organisms, and infer structural and functional information about proteins from sequence data.This Second Edition contains completely updated material. Rather than a revision of the previous volume, the Second Edition is essentially a new book, based on the subjects which will be of interest over the coming years. This new book is international, both in scope and authorship.Computing resources for the following are clearly explained:* Internet resources - databases etc.* Genetic analysis* Sib-pair studies* Comparative mapping* Radiation hybrids* Sequence ready clone maps* Human genome sequencing* ESTs* Gene prediction* Gene expression