Textbook of membrane biology
- au: Rashmi Wardhan, Padmshree Mudgal.
- Publish: Singapore : Springer 2017.
- 出版年: 2017
- sb: physiology. , Cell Membrane physiology. , Cell Membrane
- ISBN: 9811071004 , 9811071004 , 9789811071003 , 9789811071003
- ISSN: 9789811071010
- ps: Includes bibliographical references.
- ab: This book provides a comprehensive overview of the basic principles, concepts, techniques and latest advances in the field of biomembranes and membrane-associated processes. With new emerging technologies and bioinformatics tools, this is a promising area for future study and research. The book discusses the composition, fluidity and dynamic nature of phospholipid bilayers, which vary with cell/organelle type and function. It describes the various types of transport proteins that facilitate the transport of polar and nonpolar molecules across the membrane actively or passively via ion-channels or through porins. It also explores the many cellular functions membranes participate in: (1) energy transduction, which includes the electron transport chain in inner membrane of mitochondria and bacterial cytoplasmic membrane and photosynthetic electron transport in thylakoid membranes in chloroplast and photosynthetic bacterial membranes; (2) cell?cell communication involving various signal transduction pathways triggered by activated membrane receptors; (3) cell?cell interactions involving various types of adhesion and receptor proteins; (4) nerve transmission involving opening and closing of voltage gated ionic channels; and (5) intracellular transport involving the processes of endocytosis, exocytosis, vesicular transport of solutes between intracellular compartments, membrane fusion and membrane biogenesis.
- ref_id: 000274642
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結