Enzymes :catalysis, kinetics and mechanisms
- au: N.S. Punekar.
- Publish: Singapore : Springer c2018.
- 出版年: 2018
- sb: Enzymes , chemistry. , Kinetics. , Catalysis. , Enzymes chemistry.
- ISBN: 9811307849 , 9811307849 , 9789811307843 , 9789811307843
- ISSN: 9789811307850
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p. 559-562).
- ab: This enzymology textbook for graduate and advanced undergraduate students covers the syllabi of most universities where this subject is regularly taught. It focuses on the synchrony between the two broad mechanistic facets of enzymology: the chemical and the kinetic, and also highlights the synergy between enzyme structure and mechanism. Designed for self-study, it explains how to design enzyme experiments and subsequently analyze the data collected. The book is divided into five major sections: 1] Introduction to enzymes, 2] Practical aspects, 3] Kinetic Mechanisms, 4] Chemical Mechanisms, and 5] Enzymology Frontiers. Individual concepts are treated as stand-alone chapters; readers can explore any single concept with minimal cross-referencing to the rest of the book. Further, complex approaches requiring specialized techniques and involved experimentation (beyond the reach of an average laboratory) are covered in theory with suitable references to guide readers. The book provides students, researchers and academics in the broad area of biology with a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of enzymes. It also caters to those who do not have a practicing enzymologist to teach them the subject.
- ref_id: 000274636
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結