Essential oil research :trends in biosynthesis, analytics, industrial applications and biotechnological production
- au: Sonia Malik, editor.
- Publish: Cham : Springer c2019.
- 出版年: 2019
- sb: Essences and essential oils.
- ISBN: 3030165450 , 3030165469 , 9783030165451 , 9783030165468
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ab: This book highlights the advances in essential oil research, from the plant physiology perspective to large-scale production, including bioanalytical methods and industrial applications. The book is divided into 4 sections. The first one is focused on essential oil composition and why plants produce these compounds that have been used by humans since ancient times. Part 2 presents an update on the use of essential oils in various areas, including food and pharma industries as well as agriculture. In part 3 readers will find new trends in bioanalytical methods. Lastly, part 4 presents a number of approaches to increase essential oil production, such as in vitro and hairy root culture, metabolic engineering and biotechnology. Altogether, this volume offers a comprehensive look at what researchers have been doing over the last years to better understand these compounds and how to explore them for the benefit of the society.
- URL: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16546-8
- ref_id: 000274633
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結