Neuromodulation in psychiatry
- au: edited by Clement Hamani ... [et. al].
- Publish: Chichester, West Sussex ;Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- sb: Electric Stimulation Therapy. , Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. , Mental Disorders surgery. , Radiosurgery. , surgery. , Mental Disorders therapy. , Mental Disorders , therapy.
- ISBN: 1118801040 , 9781118801048
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index. History of invasive brain stimulation in psychiatry : lessons for the current practice of neuromodulation / Marwan Hariz -- Ethics of neuromodulation in psychiatry / Joseph J. Fins and Barbara R. Pohl -- Neurocircuits commonly involved in psychiatric disorders and their stimulation and lesion therapies / Sarah R. Heilbronner, Ziad Safadi, and Suzanne N. Haber -- MRI in neuromodulation / Jonathan Downar and Karen D. Davis -- Nuclear medicine in neuromodulation / Alexandra M. Rodman and Darin D. Dougherty -- Basic principles of deep brain and cortical stimulation / Caio Matias, Scott Lempka, and Andre Machado -- Electrophysiology in neuromodulation : current concepts of the mechanisms of action of electricaland magnetic cortical stimulation / Jean-Pascal Lefaucheur-- Transcranial magnetic stimulation : introduction and technical aspects / Yiftach Roth, Gaby S. Pell, and Abraham Zangen -- Magnetic stimulation for depression : subconvulsive and convulsive approaches / Andrada D. Neacsiu and Sarah Hollingsworth Lisanby -- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for psychiatric disorders other than depression / Daniel M. Blumberger, Mera S. Barr, and Zafiris J. Daskalakis -- Direct current stimulation : introduction and technical aspects / André Russowsky Brunoni and Felipe Fregni -- Transcranial directcurrent simulation / Collen Loo and Donel Martin. Deep brain stimulation : introduction and technical aspects / Willard S. Karsoff and Robert E. Gross -- Deep brain stimulation : clinical results in treatment resistant depression / Shane J. McInerney, Peter Giacobbe,Anna Cyriac, and Sidney H. Kennedy -- Deep brain stimulation for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder / Michael Giffin, Martijn Figee, and Damiaan Denys -- Deep brain stimulation : emerging indications / Yasin Temel, Sarah Hescham, Maartje Melse, Veerle Visser-Vandewalle -- Vagus nerve stimulation : introduction and technical aspects / Jared Pisapia and Gordon Baltuch -- Vagus nerve stimulation for treatment-refractory depression / Charles R. Conway, Britt M. Gott, and Naazia H. Azhar -- Gamma knife surgery : introduction and technical aspects / Alessandra A. Gorgulho, Antonio A.F. De Salles -- Gamma knife surgery : clinical results / Antonio Carlos Lopes, Marcelo Batistuzzo, Andre Felix Gentil, Marcelo Queiroz Hoexter, Euripedes Constantino Miguel -- Radiofrequency lesions : introduction and technical aspects / Seth F. Oliveria, Kristopher G. Hooten,Kelly D. Foote -- Ablative procedures in psychiatric neurosurgery / David Huie, Joshua P. Aronson, Emad N. Eskandar -- Electroconvulsive therapy : introduction and technical aspects / Sandarsh Surya, Peter B. Rosenquist, W. Vaughn McCall -- Electroconvulsive therapy : clinical results / Malek Bajbouj -- Neuromodulation in psychiatry :conclusions / Paul Holtzheimer, Helen Mayberg, Andres Lozano, Clement Hamani.
- ab: "Neuromodulation strategies, including both invasive and non-invasive approaches, are growing in popularity. Transcranial magnetic stimulation has been approved for the treatment of depression, and an increasing number of patients have access to this intervention. At the other end of the spectrum, deep brain stimulation is showing promise for patients with severe, treatment-resistant psychiatric illness. Other neuromodulation approaches are in various stages of clinical use and/or investigation. Importantly, many of these approaches are no longer limited to tertiary centers, but can be office-based for greater accessibility. This book provides a comprehensive and detailed guide to the use of neuromodulation strategies in psychiatry. It begins with a review of the history of this controversial field and the lessons learned, followed by a chapter on the ethics of modern usage of such techniques. Subsequent chapters are devoted to neuromodulation and surgical strategies used in psychiatry, including transcranial magnetic stimulation, transcranial direct current stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, direct cortical stimulation, and deep brain stimulation. For each technique, a chapter describes the basic principles of each technique, using figures and schematics to illustrate details for people who do not have personal experience of using these techniques. Another chapter then focuses on the results of clinical research, trials and applications for that strategy. The book is the first comprehensive reference work to cover all neuromodulation strategies now used or with potential use in psychiatry. It allows psychiatrists to evaluate results obtained using such strategies and to make decisions regarding the best course of treatment for theirpatients"--Provided by publisher.
- ref_id: 000264485
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結