Gender violence in peace and war :states of complicity
- au: edited by Victoria Sanford, Katerina Stefatos, and Cecilia M. Salvi.
- Publish: New Brunswick, New Jersey ;London : Rutgers University Press 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- cu: Genocide,
- sb: State, The History -- 21st century. , Women , Accomplices , Women Violence against -- Political aspects -- History. , Women and war , State, The History -- 20th century. , Sex crimes Political aspects -- History. , Women and war History. , History. , Accomplices Political aspects -- History. , Political aspectsHistory. , Violence againstPolitical aspectsHistory. , Political violence History. , Women's rights , Political violence , Sex crimes , State, The , Women's rights History. , History
- ISBN: 0813576202 , 9780813576206
- ISSN: 9780813576190 , 9780813576206 , 0813576199 , 0813576202
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index. Part One. State violence, gender and resistance -- Subaltern bodies : gender violence, sexual torture and political repression during the Greek military dictatorship (1967-1974) / Katerina Stefatos -- Sexual violence as a weapon during the Guatemalan genocide / Victoria Sanford, Sofia Duyos-Álvarez and Kathleen Dill -- Gender, incarceration and power relations during the Irish Civil War (1922-1923) / Laura McAtackney -- Resistance and activism against state violence in Chiapas, Mexico / Melanie Hoewer -- Part Two. The continuum of sexual violence and the role of the state -- Medical record review and evidence of mass rape during the 2007/2008 period of post-election violence in Kenya / Mike Anastario -- The force of writing in genocide : on sexual violence in the al-Anfal operations and beyond / Fazil Moradi -- Sexualized bodies, public mutilation and torture at the beginning of Indonesia's new order regime (1965-66) / Annie Pohlman -- Part Three. State responses to gender violence -- Advances and limits of policing and human security for women : Nicaragua in comparative perspective / Shannon Drysdale Walsh -- The state to the rescue? : the contested terrain of domestic violence in post-communist Russia / Maija Jäppinen and Janet Elise Johnson -- The absent state : teen mothers and new patriarchal forms of gender subordination / Serena Cosgrove -- Anti-trafficking legislation, gender violence and the state / Cecilia M. Salvi -- Conclusion: Reflections on the women, peace, and security agenda / Kimberly Theidon.
- ab: "A much-needed analysis of the role of the state, its mechanisms and structures in perpetuating, legitimizing and facilitating gender violence worldwide in the first decade and a half of the 21st century. This book documents the nature, extent and progress made in relation to gender-based violence since the advancements in women's rights that had their zenith in the 1990s, and focuses specifically on state participation in and interventions on gender violence. Gender Violence in Peace and War concentrates on gender violence in relation to state practices because, as the chapters clearly demonstrate, sexual victimization, torture, persecution, socioeconomic exclusion and domestic violence fall within the purview of the state and its proxies. Additionally, while gender, violence and the state are frequent and well-analyzed objects of study in social scientific and feminist literature, the full extent of this multilayered relation between all three has not been fully explored in recent social science literature and feminist scholarship in an interdisciplinary context"--Provided by publisher.
- ref_id: 000263455
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結