- au: Shanthi Sekaran.
- Publish: New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons 2017.
- 出版年: 2017
- ver: First G.P. Putnam's Sons International edition.
- sb: Mexicans United States -- Fiction , Married women , Single mothers , Married women Fiction , Illegal aliens , Motherhood , Mexicans , Illegal aliens Fiction , Single mothers Fiction , Motherhood Fiction
- ISBN: 0735212279 , 1101982241 , 110198225X , 9780735212275 , 9781101982242 , 9781101982259
- ps: First published in paperback edition 2017. Subtitle from cover.
- ab: "A heart-wrenching novel that gives voice to two mothers: a young undocumented Mexican woman and an Indian-American wife whose love for one lucky boy will bind their fates together Solimar Castro-Valdez is eighteen and drunk on optimism when she embarks on a perilous journey across theUS/Mexican border. Weeks later she arrives on her cousin'sdoorstep in Berkeley, CA, dazed by first love found then lost, and pregnant. This was not the plan. But amid the uncertainty of new motherhood and her American identity, Soli learns that when you have just one precious possession, you guard it with your life. For Soli, motherhood becomes her dwelling and the boy at her breast her hearth. Kavya Reddy has always followed her heart, much to her parents' chagrin. A mostly contented chef at aUC Berkeley sorority house, the unexpected desire to have a child descends like a cyclone in Kavya's mid-thirties. When she can't get pregnant, this desire will test her marriage, it will test her sanity, and it will set Kavya and her husband, Rishi, on a collision course with Soli, when she is detained and her infant son comes under Kavya's care. As Kavya learns to be a mother--the singing,story-telling, inventor-of-the-universe kind of mother shefantasized about being--she builds her love on a fault line, her heart wrapped around someone else's child. LuckyBoy is an emotional journey that will leave you certain ofthe redemptive beauty of this world. There are no bad guysin this story, no single obvious hero. Sekaran has taken real life and applied it to fiction; the results are moving and revelatory"--
- ref_id: 000263400
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結