What is not yours is not yours :stories
- au: Helen Oyeyemi.
- Publish: New York : Riverhead Books 2017, c2016.
- 出版年: 2017
- ver: First Riverhead trade paperback edition.
- sb: Gardens Fiction. , Puppets , Man-woman relationships , City and town life Fiction. , Locks and keys Fiction. , Libraries , Books Fiction. , Books , Libraries Fiction. , Man-woman relationships Fiction. , Locks and keys , Gardens , City and town life , Puppets Fiction.
- ISBN: 1594634637 , 9781594634635
- ps: Books and roses -- "Sorry" doesn't sweeten her tea -- Is your blood as red as this? -- Drownings -- Presence -- A brief history of the homely wench society -- Dornicka and the St. Martin's Day goose -- Freddy Barrandov checks ... in? -- If a book is locked there is probably a good reason for that don't you think.
- ab: The stories collected here are linked by more than the exquisitely winding prose of their creator: Helen Oyeyemi's ensemble cast of characters slip from the pages of their own stories only to surface in another. The reader is invited into a world of lost libraries and locked gardens, of marshlands where the drowned dead live and a city where all the clocks have stopped; students hone their skills at puppet school, the Homely Wench Society commits a guerrilla book-swap, and lovers exchange books and roses on St Jordi's Day. It is a collection of towering imagination, marked by baroque beauty and a deep sensuousness.
- ref_id: 000263399
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結