Film :a very short introduction
- au: Michael Wood.
- Publish: New York : Oxford University Press 2012.
- 出版年: 2012
- cu: Very
- sb: Motion pictures , Social aspects , Motion pictures History , Motion pictures Social aspects , History
- ISBN: 0192803530 , 9780192803535
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p. 117-125) and index Moving pictures -- Trusting the image -- The colour of money
- ab: Film is arguably the dominant art form of the twentieth century. In this Very Short Introduction, Michael Wood offers a wealth of insight into the nature of film, considering its role and impact on society as well as its future in the digital age. As Wood notes, film is many things, but it has become above all a means of telling stories through images and sounds. The stories are often quite false, frankly and beautifully fantastic, and they are sometimes insistently said to be true. Indeed, many condemn movies as an instrument of illusion, an emphatic way of seeing what is not there. And others celebrate the reverse: that film brings us closest to the world as it actually is. Photography is truth, a character says in a film by Jean-Luc Godard. And cinema is the truth twenty-four times per second. But they are stories in either case, and there are very few films, Wood observes, even in avant-garde art, that don't imply or quietly slip into narrative
- ref_id: 000263386
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結