The life of slang
- au: Julie Coleman.
- Publish: Oxford ;New York : Oxford University Press c2012.
- 出版年: 2012
- sb: English language Slang , English language Slang -- History , Slang , English language , SlangHistory
- ISBN: 0199571996 , 9780199571994
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p. -323) and indexes What is slang? -- Spawning -- Development -- Survival and metamorphosis -- The spread of slang -- Prigs, culls, and blosses : cant and flash language -- Jolly good show : British slang to the twentieth century -- Whangdoodles and fixings : early American slang -- Bludgers, sooks, and moffies : English slang around the world -- Top bananas and bunny-boilers : the media and entertainment age -- Leet to lols : the digital age -- Endsville
- ab: "The author traces the development of English slang from the earliest records to the latest tweet. It explores why and how slang is used, and traces the development of slang in English-speaking nations around the world. The records of the Old Bailey and machine-searchable newspaper collections provide a wealth of new information about historical slang, while blogs and tweets provide us with a completely new perspective on contemporary slang. Based on inside information from real liveslang users as well as the best scholarly sources, this book is guaranteed to teach you some new words that you should never use in polite company"--Provided by publisher
- ref_id: 000263385
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結