Mother London :a novel
- au: Michael Moorcock ; edited by John Davey.
- Publish: London : Weidenfeld & Nicolson 2016,c1988.
- 出版年: 2016
- sb: Psychiatric hospital patients Fiction , Social life and customs , London (England) , Manners and customs. , Psychiatric hospital patients , Fiction , London (England) Social life and customs -- Fiction.
- ISBN: 1473213258 , 9781473213258
- ps: Originally published: London: Martin, Secker & Warburg, 1988.
- ab: MODERN & CONTEMPORARY FICTION (POST C 1945). Shortlisted for the Whitbread prize, MOTHER LONDON is a dazzling journey through the heart of a city that the author loved. Spanning generations of characters across a variety of boroughs from the Blitz to the mid-eighties, this is a book about the real London that tourists will never find, a London which is being erased by the spread of high-rise flats and shining skyscrapers. Following a group of released mental patients across the years and streets of London, Moorcock creates a vivid impressionistic portrait of the city, from its downtrodden pubs to its green parks. All of the lead characters hear voices - but are they the murmurings of their damaged minds, or the true voice of the city?
- ref_id: 000263372
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結