Networking in English :informal communication in business
- au: Barney Barrett and Pete Sharma.
- Publish: Oxford, U.K. : Macmillan 2010.
- 出版年: 2010
- sb: English language Business English -- Textbooks for foreign speakers. , Autoformation. , Business English. , Communication. , Business EnglishTextbooks for foreign speakers. , English language , English language Business English. , Enseignement des langues. , Formation.
- ISBN: 0230732488 , 9780230732483
- ps: 1. Basics -- Talking about you and your life -- Asking and answering questions -- Talking about your company and business -- Greetings, introductions and goodbyes -- 2. Vocabulary -- Talking about free time and travel -- Talking about your town and country -- Food and drink -- Talking about jobs and work -- 3. Socializing --Likes, dislikes and preferences -- Invitations -- Making requests, offers, and recommendations -- Opinions: agreeing and disagreeing -- 4. Socializing -- Going out for a drink -- At a restaurant -- At a conference -- Meeting and greeting visitors -- 5. Communicating accurately -- Describing, comparing and talking about the best -- Talking about the present and using modals -- Talking about the past -- Talking about the future an speculating -- 6. Learning to listen -- Being a good listener -- Listening for the general idea -- Listening for specific information -- Listening : pronunciation -- 7. Networking skills -- Making small talk -- Active listening -- Managing a conversation -- Checking and clarifying -- 8. Understanding different cultures -- Talking about your country: festivals and etiquette -- Body language ---Taboo areas and humour -- Attitudes to time and meetings across cultures -- 9 Vocabulary -- Talking about the arts -- Talking about sport -- Talking about news and the media -- Persuading and handling controversial topics.
- ab: "[This book] is for anyone who finds it hard to 'find the right words' when communicating informally in the workplace." -- Back cover.
- ref_id: 000263362
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結