The letters of Robert Frost.Volume 2, 1920-1928
- au: edited by Donald Sheehy ... [et al.].
- Publish: Cambridge, Massachusetts : The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- sb: Frost, Robert, , Poets, American 20th century -- Correspondence. , Frost, Robert, 1874-1963 Correspondence. , Poets, American
- ISBN: 0674726642 , 9780674726642
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Introduction -- "Book farmer" (February 1920-September 1921) -- "The guessed of Michigan" (September 1921-May 1923) -- A new regime at Amherst (May 1923-September 1925)-- To Michigan again (for a lifetime in a year) (October 1925-June 1926) -- Ten weeks a year in Amherst, fourteen once in Europe (June 1926-December 1928) -- Biographical glossary of correspondents -- Chronology: February 1920-December 1928.
- ab: "In the years covered here, publication of Selected Poems,New Hampshire, and West-Running Brook enhanced Robert Frost's stature in America and abroad, and the demands of managing his career--as public speaker, poet, and teacher--intensified. A good portion of the correspondence is devoted to Frost's appointments at the University of Michigan and Amherst College, through which he played a major part in staking out the positions poets would later hold in American universities. Other letters show Frost helping to shape the Bread Loaf School of English and its affiliated Writers' Conference. We encounter him discussing his craft with students and fostering the careers of younger poets. His ??observations (and reservations) about educators are illuminating and remain pertinent. And family life--with all its joys and sorrows,hardships and satisfactions--is never less than central toFrost's concerns" -- dust jacket flap.
- ref_id: 000263353
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結