Billy Lynn's long halftime walk
- au: a novel by Ben Fountain.
- Publish: New York, New York : Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- ver: Third Ecco paperback edition.
- sb: Heroes in mass media. , Iraq War, 2003-2011 Fiction. , Heroes in mass media Fiction. , Heroes in mass media , Football and war , Veterans Texas -- Fiction. , Football and war. , Football and war United States -- Fiction. , Satire. , Iraq War, 2003-2011 , Veterans. , Veterans , Texas
- ISBN: 0062656562 , 9780062656568
- ab: Three minutes and forty-three seconds of intensive warfare with Iraqi insurgents - caught on tape by an embedded Fox news crew-has transformed the eight surviving men of Bravo Squad into America's most sought-after heroes. Now they are on a media-intensive nationwide tour to reinvigorate public support for the war. On this rainy Thanksgiving Day, the Bravos are guests of a Dallas football team, slated to be part of the halftime show. Among the Bravos is nineteen-year-old Specialist Billy Lynn. Surrounded by patriots sporting flag pins on their lapels and support our troops bumper stickers, he is thrust into the company of the team's owner and his coterie of wealthy colleagues; a born-again cheerleader; a veteran Hollywood producer; and supersized players eager for a vicarious taste of war. Over the course of this day, Billy will drink and brawl, yearn for home and mourn those missing, face a heart-wrenching decision and discover pure love and a bitter wisdom far beyond his years.
- ref_id: 000263343
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結