Rawls's political liberalism
- au: edited by Thom Brooks and Martha C. Nussbaum.
- Publish: New York : Columbia University Press 2015.
- 出版年: 2015
- cu: Columbia
- sb: Liberalism Philosophy. , Rawls, John, 1921-2002. , Liberalism , Rawls, John, , Philosophy.
- ISBN: 0231149700 , 9780231149709
- ISSN: 9780231527729
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index. Changing constructions / Onora O'Neill -- Legitimacy and the project of political liberalism / Paul Weithman -- Isolating public reasons / Jeremy Waldron -- The capabilities approach and political liberalism / Thom Brooks -- The priority of liberty : Rawls and "tiers of scrutiny" / Frank I. Michelman.
- ab: "Widely hailed as one of the most significant works in modern political philosophy, John Rawls's Political Liberalism (1993) defended a powerful vision of society that respects reasonable ways of life, both religious and secular. These core values have never been more critical as anxiety grows over political and religious difference and new restrictions are placed on peaceful protest and individual expression. This anthology of original essays suggests new, groundbreaking applications of Rawls's work in multiple disciplines and contexts. Thom Brooks, Martha Nussbaum, Onora O'Neill (University of Cambridge), Paul Weithman (University of Notre Dame), Jeremy Waldron (New York University), and Frank Michelman (Harvard University) explore political liberalism's relevance to the challenges of multiculturalism, the relationship between the state and religion, the struggle for political legitimacy, and the capabilities approach. Extending Rawls's progressive thought to the fields of law, economics, and public reason, this book helps advance the project of a free society that thrives despite disagreements over religious and moral views."--Publisher's website.
- ref_id: 000263333
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結