The lifespan of a fact
- 作者: John D'Agata and Jim Fingal.
- 出版: New York : W.W. Norton c2012.
- 出版年: 2012
- 版本: 1st ed
- 標題: Essay , Authorship , Essay Authorship , Creative nonfiction , Creative nonfiction Authorship
- ISBN: 0393340732 , 9780393340730
- 附註: Includes bibliographical references
- 摘要: How negotiable is a fact in nonfiction? In 2003, an essay by John D'Agata was rejected by the magazine that commissioned it due to factual inaccuracies. That essay--which eventually became the foundation of D'Agata's critically acclaimed About a Mountain--was accepted by another magazine, but not before they handed it to their own fact-checker, Jim Fingal. What resulted from that assignment was seven years of arguments, negotiations, and revisions as D'Agata and Fingal struggled to navigate the boundaries of literary nonfiction. What emerges is a brilliant and eye-opening meditation on the relationship between "truth" and "accuracy" and a penetrating conversation about whether it is appropriate for a writer to substitute one for the other"--P.  of cover
- 系統號: 000263195
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結