Jane Eyre :an authoritative text, contexts, criticism
- au: Charlotte Brontë ; edited by Deborah Lutz.
- Publish: New York ;London : W. W. Norton & Company 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- ver: 4th ed.
- cu: A
- sb: Brontë, Charlotte, 1816-1855. , Brontë, Charlotte, , Mentally ill women , England , Charity-schools Fiction. , Charity-schools , Orphans , Married people , Country homes Fiction. , Country homes , Fathers and daughters , Married people Fiction. , Governesses Fiction. , Governesses , Young women , Mentally ill women Fiction. , Fathers and daughters Fiction. , Young women Fiction. , Orphans Fiction. , England Fiction.
- ISBN: 0393264874 , 9780393264876
- ps: Includes bibliographical references
- ab: "Jane Eyre follows the titular character as she makes her way through Thornfield Hall as the governess and love interest of Mr. Rochester. The text reprinted in this new edition is that of the 1848 third edition text--the last text corrected by Charlotte Bronte. The text is accompanied by explanatory footnotes and an introduction that explores the influences of the novel and its journey to publication. "Contexts" includes excerpts from Charlotte's early writings and diaries from her time as a governess and beyond. There are many letters to Emily Bronte, Ellen Nussey, W. S. Williams, and Sonstantin Heger,all of which are supported by excerpts from Elizabeth Gaskell's autobiography of Charlotte Bronte. "Criticism" examines the many themes woven into the novel with work byVirginia Woolf, Sandra Gilbert, Susan Meyer, Carla Kaplan,and Kelly A. Marsh. A Chronology and updated Selected Bibliography are also included" --
- ref_id: 000263183
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結