The common growl :toward a poetics of precarious community
- au: Thomas Claviez, editor.
- Publish: New York : Fordham University Press 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- ver: 1st ed.
- cu: Commonalities
- sb: History and criticism. , Literature , Philosophy. , Society in literature. , Literature History and criticism. , Communities Philosophy. , Communities in literature. , Communities
- ISBN: 0823270920 , 9780823270927
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (pages -186) and indexes Foreword : the common growl / Jean-Luc Nancy -- Introduction: toward a poetics of community / Thomas Claviez -- The poetics of Community -- Community and ethnos / Robert J.C. Young -- A metonymic community? Toward a poetics of contingency / Thomas Claviez -- Poetics of anxiety and security : the problem of speech and action in our time / Homi K. Bhabha -- Literature, theworld, and you / Djelal Kadir -- The politics of aesthetics -- Literary communities / Jacques RanciÃ¨re -- Antiracism and (re)humanization / Paul Gilroy -- Sociological reflections -- Can society be commodities allthe way down? Post-Polanyian reflections on capitalist crisis / Nancy Fraser -- Two examples of recent aesthetico-political forms of community : occupy and sharing economy/ Dietmar Wetzel
- ab: No longer able to read community in terms colored by a romantic nostalgia for homogeneity, closeness and sameness,or the myth of rational choice, we nevertheless face an imperative to think the common. The prominent scholars assembled here come together to articulate community whilethinking seriously about the tropes, myths, narratives, metaphors, conceits, and shared cultural texts on which any such articulation depends. The result is a major contribution to literary theory, postcolonialism, philosophy, political theory, and sociology
- URL: https://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1622/2016439421-t.html https://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1622/2016439421-d.html
- ref_id: 000263156
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結