- 作者: Slavoj Žižek.
- 出版: London ;New York, NY : Bloomsbury Academic, An Imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- 標題: Antigone (Mythological character) Drama. , Antigone
- ISBN: 1474269397 , 9781474269391
- ISBN: 9781474269384 , 9781474269391
- 附註: Machine generated contents note: Introduction -- Play -- Postscript -- Index.
- 摘要: "While it is common practice in contemporary theatre to re-contextualize a piece of work, the riskier--and Slavoj Zizek would argue more faithful--approach might be to change the actual story itself. Zizek's Antigone not only re-positions Antigone as a revolutionary political figure,it alters the narrative of the play itself. As Zizek puts it himself in the introduction to the play, 'Only one thing is sure: sticking to the traditional letter is the safest way to betray the spirit of the classic'. Philosophers have long been preoccupied with Antigone--Kierkegaard, Hegel, Plato and Judith Butler to name but a few--but never before has a philosopher had the audacity to throw fidelity to the wind and re-write one of the mostclassic plays in the history of theatre. This lack of fidelity is, of course, precisely the point: not only is this a fascinating new play in its own right, it is a political work calling into question our ideas of reverence to the canon, fidelity to the text and the notion of what 'faithfulness' might really mean. A brilliantly funny, moving and political play for those whoare interested in reading and watching Antigone in a new way. "--
- 系統號: 000263149
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結