Conflict narratives in middle childhood :the social, emotional, and moral significance of story-sharing
- 作者: Marsha D. Walton and Alice J. Davidson.
- 出版: New York : Routledge 2017.
- 出版年: 2017
- 標題: Moral and ethical aspects , Storytelling , Social aspects , Emotions , Storytelling Moral and ethical aspects , Storytelling Social aspects , Storytelling ability in children
- ISBN: 1138670758 , 9781138670754
- ISBN: 9781351866019
- 附註: Includes bibliographical references and index
- 摘要: "Close readings, combined with systematic analysis of dozens of features of the stories reveal that when children are invited to write or talk about their own conflicts, they produce accounts that are often charming and sometimes heartbreaking, and that always bring to light their social, emotional, and moral development. Children's personal stories about conflict reveal how theycreate and maintain friendships, how they understand and react to the social aggression that threatens those friendships, and how they understand and cope with physical aggression ranging from the pushing and poking ofpeers to criminal violence in their neighborhoods or families. Sometimes children describe the efforts of adults to influence their conflicts - efforts they sometimes welcome and sometimes resist. Their stories showthem taking on gender and other cultural commitments. We are not just watching children become more and more like us as they move through the elementary school years - we are watching them become the architects of a future we will only see to the extent that we understand their way of making sense."--Provided by publisher
- 系統號: 000262909
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結