Euthanasia and assisted suicide :global views on choosing to end life
- au: Michael J. Cholbi, PhD, editor.
- Publish: Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, an imprint of ABC-CLIO, LLC 2017.
- 出版年: 2017
- sb: Assisted suicide. , legislation & jurisprudence , Suicide, Assisted ethics , Suicide, Assisted legislation & jurisprudence , Euthanasia legislation & jurisprudence , Euthanasia. , Suicide, Assisted , Euthanasia ethics , Euthanasia , Attitude to Death. , ethics , Cross-Cultural Comparison.
- ISBN: 1440836795 , 9781440836794
- ISSN: 9781440836800
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index pt. I. History, practice, and law -- Physician-assisted dying and the law in the United States : A perspective on three prospective futures -- The Assisted Dying Bill for England and Wales -- Euthanasia and assisted suicide : Attitudes and policies in Mexico -- Suffering, compassion,and freedom : Mahayana Buddhism and East Asian attitudes toward assisted suicide and euthanasia -- The continental perspective on assisted suicide and euthanasia -- Christian perspectives on assisted dying : An issue for religious ethics -- pt. II. Ethics and policy -- Ethical evaluation of euthanasia in the Islamic tradition -- An argument in favor of the morality of voluntary medically assisted death -- Limiting the right to die : Moral logic,professional integrity, societal ethos -- Respect for personal autonomy in the justification of death-hastening choices -- Intention, permissibility, and the consistency of traditional end-of-life care -- Assisted dying and palliation -- Capacity and assisted dying -- Advance directives for euthanasia -- Pediatric euthanasia -- Traveling for assisted suicide
- ab: This book addresses key historical, scientific, legal, andphilosophical issues surrounding euthanasia and assisted suicide in the United States as well as in other countriesand cultures
- ref_id: 000262886
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結