Child and adolescent psychiatry :Asian Perspectives
- au: Savita Malhotra, Paramala Santosh.
- Publish: New Delhi : Springer Verlag 2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- sb: Adolescent psychiatry Asia , Adolescent psychiatry , Child psychiatry , Child psychiatry Asia
- ISBN: 813223619X , 9788132236191
- ISSN: 9788132236191 (eBook)
- ps: Includes bibliographical references.
- ab: This is a comprehensive volume on issues and concerns relating to child and adolescent mental health in Asia, which includes contributions from experts in child psychiatry from Asia and other parts of the world. The chapters provide accurate and detailed accounts of the current state of knowledge integrating research approachesand findings from clinical studies. Each chapter discussesexisting information, emphasizes areas of growth and provides fresh insights on a particular topic especially as these might relate to Asian populations. The book integrates various clinical and scientific perspectives onpsychiatric disorders in children and adolescents with a focus on Asia. The various sections deal with important topics in child and adolescent psychiatry: the current understanding of mental disorders and the ways in which possible influences might work in the development of psychopathology; substance use disorders, their neurobiological correlates and implications for the developing brain; early environmental influences in the psychopathology of psychiatric disorders in children; issues of parenting, child rearing and cultural practices in Asia, which influence personality development and adaptation; life-long impact of early parental loss; earlydiagnosis and intervention in recognizing and treating psychopathology; psychopharmacology of neurodevelopmental disorders in children; non-pharmacological treatments for children; mental health gap, and telepsychiatry as an innovative model to provide services for children; and a pressing need for a comprehensive child mental health policy across nations
- ref_id: 000262880
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結