Mental health in Asia and the Pacific :historical and cultural perspectives
- 作者: Harry Minas, Milton Lewis, editors.
- 出版: New York, NY : Springer ©2017.
- 出版年: 2017
- 叢書名: International
- 標題: Mental health , Mental health Asia , Mental Health , Mental Health Pacific Islands , Mental Health Asia , Mental health Pacific Area
- ISBN: 1489979999 , 9781489979995
- ISBN: 9781489979995 , 1574-0455
- 附註: Includes bibliographical references and index
- 摘要: This far-reaching volume analyzes the social, cultural, political, and economic factors contributing to mental health issues and shaping treatment options in the Asian and Pacific world. Multiple lenses examine complex experiences and needs in this vast region, identifying not only cultural issues at the individual and collective levels, but also the impacts of colonial history, effects of war and disasters, and the current climate of globalization on mental illness and its care. These concerns are located in the larger context of physical health and its determinants, worldwide goals such as reducing global poverty, and the evolving mental health response to meet rising challenges affecting the diverse populations of the region. Chapters focus on countries in East, Southeast, and South Asia plus Oceania and Australia, describing: National history of psychiatry and its acceptance. Present-day mental health practice and services. Mental/physical health impact of recent social change. Disparities in accessibility, service delivery, and quality of care. Collaborations with indigenous and community approaches to healing. Current mental health resources, the state of policy, and areas for intervention. A welcome addition to the global health literature, Mental Health in Asia and the Pacific brings historical depth and present-day insight to practitioners providing services in this diverse area of the world as well as researchers and policymakers studying the region
- 系統號: 000262878
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結