The nonprofit sector :a research handbook
- 作者: edited by Walter W. Powell and Richard Steinberg.
- 出版: New Haven : Yale University Press c2006.
- 出版年: 2006
- 版本: 2nd ed.
- 標題: Nonprofit organizations , Nonprofit organizations Management. , Nonprofit organizations. , Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations. , Management.
- ISBN: 0300109032 , 9780300109030
- 附註: Includes bibliographical references and index. The nonprofit sector in historical perspective : traditions of philanthropy in the West / Kevin C. Robbins -- A historical overview of philanthropy, voluntary associations, and nonprofit organizations in the United States, 1600-2000 / Peter Dobkin Hall -- Scope and dimensions of the nonprofit sector / Elizabeth T. Boris and C. Eugene Steuerle -- The nonprofit sector in comparative perspective / Helmut K. Anheier and Lester M. Salamon -- Economic theories of nonprofit organizations / Richard Steinberg -- Nonprofit organizations and the market / Eleanor Brown and Al Slivinski -- Work in the nonprofit sector / Laura Leete -- Collaboration between corporations and nonprofit organizations / Joseph Galaskiewicz and Michelle Sinclair Colman -- The constitution of citizens : political theories of nonprofit organizations / Elisabeth S. Clemens -- Scope and theory of government-nonprofit relations / Steven Rathgeb Smith and Kirsten A. Gr nbjerg -- The legal framework for nonprofit organizations / Evelyn Brody -- The federal tax treatment of charitable organizations / John Simon, Harvey Dale, and Laura Chisolm -- Nonprofit organizations and political advocacy / J. Craig Jenkins -- International nongovernmental organizations / John Boli -- Foundations / Kenneth Prewitt -- Nonprofit organizations and health care : some paradoxes of persistent scrutiny / Mark Schlesinger and Bradford H. Gray -- Social care and the nonprofit sector in the Western developed world / Jeremy Kendall, Martin Knapp, and Julien Forder -- Nonprofit organizations and the intersectoral division of labor in the arts / Paul DiMaggio -- Higher education : evolving forms and emerging markets / Patricia J. Gumport and Stuart K. Snydman -- Religion and the nonprofit sector / Wendy Cadge and Robert Wuthnow -- Nonprofit community organizations in poor urban settings : bridging institutional gaps for youth / Sarah Deschenes, Milbrey McLaughlin, and Jennifer O'Donoghue -- Nonprofit membership associations / Mary Tschirhart -- Charitable giving : how much, by whom, to what, and how? / John J. havens, Mary A. O'Herlihy, and Paul G. Schervish -- Why do people give? / Lise Vesterlund -- Nonprofit mission : constancy, responsiveness, or deflection? / Debra C. Minkoff and Walter W. Powell -- Governance : research trends, gaps, and future prospects / Francie Ostrower and Melissa M. Stone -- Commercial activity, technological change, and nonprofit mission / Howard P. Tuckman and Cyril F. Chang.
- 摘要: This second edition provides a multi-disciplinary survey of nonprofit organisations and their role and function in society. This book also examines the nature of philanthropic behaviours and an array of organisations, international issues, social science theories, and insights into philanthropic traditions.
- URL: description http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0643/2006009076-d.html of contents only http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0610/2006009076.html biographical information http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0643/2006009076-b.html
- 系統號: 000262861
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結