Ethics for anthropological research and practice
- au: Linda M. Whiteford, Robert T. Trotter II.
- Publish: Long Grove, Ill. : Waveland Press 2008.
- 出版年: 2008
- sb: Anthropology , Anthropology Research. , Research. , Anthropological ethics.
- ISBN: 157766535X , 9781577665359
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p.121-126) and index
- ab: "In this concise introduction to anthropological ethics, Whiteford and Trotter provide current and prospective researchers and practitioners with a solid foundation of ethical concepts and issues, including respect for persons, beneficence, and justice. They take into account both national and international discussions and practice of ethics. Together with equipping readers with essentials about ethics, the authors explore ethical problems common among anthropologists." "Ethical challenges often arise from the unanticipated consequences of a research design, from conflicts among stakeholders, or from the clash of two positive ethical principles - when adherence to one of the principles may violate another. Functioning both as a capstone and a learning tool, the last chapter presents a real-life ethical dilemma and introduces readers to a detailed problem-solving guide. Other pedagogical aids include end-of-chapter questions that inspire deeper thinking about ethical principles and issues, and five brief ethical dilemma cases for further enrichment and study."--Jacket.
- URL: http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/fy1001/2008276465.html
- ref_id: 000262854
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結