Handbook of clinical gender medicine
- 作者: editors, Karin Schenck-Gustafsson ... [et al.].
- 出版: Basel ;New York : Karger c2012.
- 出版年: 2012
- 標題: Clinical Medicine , methods. , Socioeconomic Factors. , Sex Factors. , Clinical medicine. , Sex factors in disease. , Clinical Medicine methods.
- ISBN: 3805599307 , 9783805599306
- 附註: Includes bibliographical references and indexes
- 摘要: Schenck-Gustafsson (gender medicine, Karolinska U. Hospital Solna, Sweden) et al. compile 51 chapters on the role of gender in the clinical presentation, diagnosis, and management of common diseases in different body systems. Specialists working in various specialties aroundthe world address social and biological determinants in health and disease, with discussion of gender effects on health and healthcare, sex-selective abortion, fetal programming, and ambiguous genitalia. They then discuss diseases such as autism, depression, Parkinson's disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, pain, migraine and headaches, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, coronary heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, pituitary and thyroid diseases, bone metabolic disorders, adrenal disorders, transsexualism, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, HIV, malaria, measles, tuberculosis, sexual dysfunction, chronic kidney disease, and dementia, as well as policies and practices regarding women in clinical drug trials, drug disposition and effect, aging, and cognition. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc., Portland,OR (booknews.com)
- 系統號: 000262852
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結