Gender medicine :the groundbreaking new science of gender- and sex-related diagnosis and treatment
- au: Marek Glezerman ; foreword by Amos Oz.
- Publish: New York, NY : Overlook Duckworth c2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- ver: 1st ed
- sb: Sex differences. , Health Sex differences. , Medical care Sex differences. , Sex Factors. , Women's Health. , Sex factors in disease. , Health , Social medicine. , Medical care , Diagnosis. , Men's Health. , Medical policy. , Health.
- ISBN: 1468313185 , 9781468313185
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ab: "Over millions of years, male and female bodies developed crucial physiological differences to improve the chances for human survival. These differences have become culturally obsolete with the overturning of traditional gender roles. But they are nevertheless very real, and they go well beyond the obvious sexual and reproductive variances: men and women differ in terms of digestion, which affects the way medications are absorbed. Sensitivity to pain is dependent on gender. Even the symptoms of a heart attack manifest differently in a man than in a woman. And yet the medical establishment largely treats male and female patients as though their needs are identical."--NoveList.
- ref_id: 000262850
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結