Music therapy handbook
- au: edited by Barbara L. Wheeler.
- Publish: New York ;London : The Guilford Press 2015.
- 出版年: 2015
- cu: Creative
- sb: Music therapy. , Music Therapy.
- ISBN: 1462529720 , 9781462529728
- ps: Includes bibliographical references (p.479-480) and indexes.
- ab: This groundbreaking volume provides a comprehensive overview of contemporary music therapy, from basic concepts to emerging clinical approaches. Rich case examples illustrate ways in which this powerful modality can help people of all ages to develop skills, adapt theirbehavior, and overcome obstacles in their lives. Expert contributors discuss the broad array of practices in the field, review the burgeoning research literature, and offer in-depth clinical guidance. Innovative applications are presented for children and adults in mental health, medical, and community settings. Part I explains the foundations of music therapy and examines professional issues. Topics include assessment and intervention methods,music and the brain, cultural issues in treatment, and evidence-based practice. Part II focuses on theoretical orientations and approaches. Contributors demonstrate how music therapists draw on elements of psychodynamic, humanistic, and cognitive-behavioral therapy. Also described are models developed specifically for music therapy, such as the Nordoff-Robbins model, the book's largest section, showcases technique and strategies for working with particular clinical populations. Chapters on children and adolescents cover intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, speech and language disorders, and more. Chapters on adults cover a range of areas where music therapy has been shown to be especially effective, such as addictions, trauma, bereavement, and work with older adults. Several chapters address the growing area ofmedical music therapy. As authoritative resource, the Handbook shows how music can be used by a broad range of mental health and medical professionals working with children and adults. It belongs on the shelves of music, movement, art, and play therapists; clinical psychologists; social workers; counselors; psychiatrists; and nurses, as well as clinical graduate students. -- fromdust jacket.
- ref_id: 000262823
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結