Simple French food
- au: Richard Olney ; new foreword by Mark Bittman ; foreword by James Beard ; introduction by Patricia Wells ; drawings by Richard Olney.
- Publish: Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt 2014.
- 出版年: 2014
- sb: Cooking, French Provençal style. , Provençal style. , Cooking, French. , Cooking, French
- ISBN: 0544245393 , 9780544245396
- ps: Includes index. Simple food -- Thoughts about improvisation -- Herbs -- Wine in cooking -- Bread -- Chapter organization -- Miscellaneous thoughts -- Salads -- Cold terrines, pates, mousses -- Eggs -- Fish -- Vegetables -- Starchy preparations -- Soups -- Meats and poultry -- Desserts.
- ab: Richard Olney was considered a culinary genius for his ability to elevate cooking to a practical art. He wrote evocatively about the beauty and pleasure in cooking by focusing on preparing simple foods well. This new edition of his classic cookbook includes a fresh cover, new interior design, and a foreword by Mark Bittmanso that a whole new generation of food lovers can enjoy this inspiring book. Olneys 175 recipes are so straightforward that cooks will be inspired to go right into the kitchen: herb omelets, fish with zucchini, lamb shanks with garlic, and many more. He also shares techniques (several featuring his own illustrations), such as fermenting vinegar, in line with the back-to-basics trend in cooking. Olneys emphasis on simplicity and improvisation in cooking will resonate with todays cooks and food lovers.
- ref_id: 000262815
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結