Graff's textbook of urinalysis and body fluids
- au: Lillian A. Mundt, Kristy Shanahan.
- Publish: Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Health c2016.
- 出版年: 2016
- ver: 3rd ed.
- sb: methods. , cytology. , Body Fluids , Body Fluids chemistry. , Urinalysis , chemistry. , Body Fluids cytology. , Urinalysis methods.
- ISBN: 1496320166 , 9781496320162
- ps: First edition published as: Handbook of routine urinalysis / Laurine Graff. Philadelphia : Lippincott, c1983. Second edition published as: Graff's textbook of routine urinalysis and body fluids / Lillian A. Mundt, Kristy Shanahan. Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Health, c2011. Includes bibliographical references and index. Machine generated contents note: SECTION I Foundational Information -- ch. 1 Urinary System Anatomy and Physiology and Urine Formation -- ch. 2 Renal and Urinary Tract Diseases and Related Urinalysis Findings -- ch. 3 Metabolic Diseases and Related Urinalysis Findings -- ch. 4 Urinalysis Clinical Laboratory Operations -- ch. 5 Microscopy -- SECTION II The Urinalysis -- ch. 6 Collection and Preservation of Urine -- ch. 7 Physical Examination of Urine -- ch. 8 Chemical Analysis of Urine -- ch. 9 Microscopic Examination of Urinary Sediment -- ch. 10 Atlas of Urinary Sediment -- SECTION III Body Fluids Analysis -- ch. 11 Introduction to Body Fluids -- ch. 12 Cerebrospinal Fluid -- ch. 13 Serous Body Fluids -- ch. 14 Synovial Fluid -- ch. 15 Gastric Fluid and Fecal Analysis -- ch. 16 Semen Analysis -- ch. 17 Amniotic Fluid -- ch. 18 Vaginal Secretions -- ch. 19 Miscellaneous Urine and Body Fluid Tests -- ch. 20 Automation of Urinalysis and Body Fluids Examination -- Appendix A Answers to Study Guide Questions and Case Studies -- Appendix B Reagent Strip Color Chart -- Appendix C Hemocytometer Cell Counts -- Appendix D Historically Relevant Urine and Body Fluid Analysis Information.
- URL: online ebook http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1605/2015458743-d.html
- ref_id: 000257697
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Retaining the wide array of full color photos, illustrations, and photomicrographs that have made Graff’s Textbook of Urinalysis and Body Fluids a time-honored resource for students and laboratory professionals, this updated Third Edition is now even easier to use and easier to teach from. In addition to adding new and expanded content, the authors have reorganized the book into shorter, easier-to-digest chapters, added photos that depict important slides currently seen in practice, and created new online engagement exercises to help students master the material. An expanded array of online resources saves instructors time and help students succeed.More than 500 photos and illustrations--50 new to this edition--clarify concepts and familiarize readers with the normal and abnormal structures found in body fluids.A new chapter on Microscopy covers the basics of microscope handling, principles of illumination, and how to achieve the best contrast for proper viewing.Most of the 190 urinary sediment images have been resized and three have been replaced.Chapter 10’s Atlas of Urinary Sediment, featuring over 190 full-color photomicrographs, is the central chapter and jewel of the text. No other text includes anything comparable.Superb coverage of urinalysis and other bodily fluids, including cerebrospinal fluid, serous fluids, synovial fluids, gastric fluids, fecal analysis, semen analysis, and vaginal secretions, preserves the integrity and importance of Sister Graff ’s work while expanding the book’s use as a valuable resource for students, instructors, and laboratory professionals. Chapter Objectives prepare students for each chapter’s material by laying out the key topics.Chapter-opening Key Terms enhance student understanding and provide handy lists for studying. Terms are bolded and highlighted in color throughout the chapter for in-context reinforcement.Chapter-ending Study Questions reinforce key concepts and give students an opportunity to test their understanding.Case Studies include sample lab results and images, challenging students to put the chapter’s concepts into practice. Answers are in Appendix A.An updated Glossary of Terms is ideal for study and review.A complete index is especially helpful to those who rely on the book as a reference.