Go set a watchman
- au: Harper Lee.
- Publish: New York, NY : HarperCollins c2015.
- 出版年: 2015
- ver: First Edition.
- sb: Adult children of aging parents , Southern States Fiction. , Southern States Race relations -- Fiction. , Social change Fiction. , Adult children of aging parents Fiction. , Race relations , Finch, Scout (Fictitious character) Fiction. , Nineteen fifties , Homecoming Fiction. , Finch, Atticus , Alabama Fiction. , Social change , School integration , Southern States , Alabama , Fathers and daughters Fiction. , Homecoming , Nineteen fifties Fiction. , Fathers and daughters , Finch, Scout , Finch, Atticus (Fictitious character) Fiction. , School integration Southern States -- Fiction.
- ISBN: 0062409859 , 9780062409850
- ab: "Maycomb, Alabama. Twenty-six-year-old Jean Louise Finch -- "Scout"--Returns home from New York City to visit her aging father, Atticus. Set against the backdrop of the civil rights tensions and political turmoil that were transforming the South, Jean Louise's homecoming turns bittersweet when she learns disturbing truths about her close-knit family, the town and the people dearest to her. Memories from her childhood flood back, and her values and assumptions are thrown into doubt. Featuring many of the iconic characters from To Kill a Mockingbird, Go Set a Watchman perfectly captures a young woman, and a world, in a painful yet necessary transition out of the illusions of the past -- a journey that can be guided only by one's conscience. Written in the mid-1950s, Go Set a Watchman imparts a fuller, richer understanding and appreciation of Harper Lee. Here is an unforgettable novel of wisdom, humanity, passion, humor, and effortless precision -- a profoundly affecting work of art that is both wonderfully evocative of another era and relevant to our own times. It not only confirms the enduring brilliance of To Kill a Mockingbird, but also serves as its essential companion, adding depth, context, and new meaning to an American classic." -- Book jacket.
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1603/2015373322-b.html
- ref_id: 000257516
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結