Methods of adipose tissue biology
- 作者: edited by Ormond A. MacDougald.
- 出版: San Diego, CA : Elsevier/Academic Press c2014.
- 出版年: 2014
- 叢書名: Methods
- 標題: physiology. , Adipose Tissue , Adipose Tissue physiology. , Adipose Tissue anatomy & histology -- Laboratory Manuals. , Histological Techniques. , anatomy & histology
- ISBN: 0128002808 , 9780128002803
- ISBN: 0076-6879 ;
- 附註: Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 系統號: 000252346
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
This book is a must-have for anyone interested in obesity or the physiology of white or brown adipose tissues. It contains state-of-the-art methods from researchers that are world leaders in this field. Detailed lab protocols range from methods to visualize adipocytes and adipose tissues in humans and experimental models, to convert stem cells into white and brown adipocytes in vitro, to evaluate aspects of adipocyte metabolism, to inducibly knock out genes in adipose tissues, and to evaluate transcriptional control of adipogenesis on a global scale.1) The study of adipose tissue goes hand in hand with our global effort to understand and reverse the epidemic of obesity and associated medical complications.2) Contributors include leading researchers who have made tremendous contributions to our ability to investigate white and brown adipose tissues.3) The wide variety of experimental approaches detailed within this volume: including the evaluation of adipose tissue biology at the molecular, biochemical, cellular, tissue, and organismal levels.