Handbook of teaching and learning for physical therapists
- au: [edited by] Gail M. Jensen, Elizabeth Mostrom.
- Publish: St. Louis, Mo : Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann c2013.
- 出版年: 2013
- ver: 3rd ed
- sb: Study and teachingHandbooks, manuals, etc , Learning , Physical therapy , Patient education Handbooks, manuals, etc , Curriculum , Physical therapy Study and teaching -- Handbooks, manuals, etc , methods , Physical Therapists education , Physical Therapy Specialty , Physical Therapy Specialty education , Patient education , Teaching , education , Handbooks, manuals, etc , Teaching methods , Physical Therapists
- ISBN: 1455706167 , 1455706167 , 9781455706167 , 9781455706167
- ps: Rev. ed. of: Handbook of teaching for physical therapists / edited by Katherine F. Shepard, Gail M. Jensen. 2nd ed. c2002 Includes bibliographical references and index Curriculum design for physical therapy educational programs / Gail M. Jensen, Karen A. Paschal, Katherine F. Shepard From curricular goals to instruction : preparing to teach / Gail M. Jensen, Elizabeth Mostrom, Katherine F. Shepard Teaching and learning in academic settings / Gail M. Jensen, Elizabeth Mostrom, Katherine F.Shepard Physical therapy education in the digital age :leveraging technologies to promote learning / Tracy Chapman, Gail M. Jensen Assessing and improving the teaching and learning process in academic settings / Brenda M. Coppard, Gail M. Jensen Authentic assessment : simulation-based education / Bradley Stockert, Debra Brady Strategies for planning and implementing interprofessional education / Teresa M. Cochran, Brenda Coppard, Gail M. Jensen Preparation for teaching in clinical settings / Jody S. Frost Techniques for teaching students in clinical settings / Karen A. Paschal What makes a good clinical teacher? / Elizabeth Mostrom Facilitating the teaching and learning of clinical reasoning / Nicole Christensen, Terry Nordstrom Patienteducation and health literacy / Elizabeth Mostrom Applied behavioral theory and adherence : models for practice / Judith R. Gale, Teresa M. Cochran, Gail M. Jensen Teaching and learning psychomotor skills / Lisa Kenyon, Diane Nicholson Community health promotion : evolving opportunities for physical therapists / Julie Gahimer, David Morris Post-professional clinical residency and fellowship education / J.B. Barr, Carol Jo Tichenor
- ref_id: 000247505
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Whether you are practicing in an in-patient or an out-patient facility, academic institution, or clinical residency program, this well-respected handbook gives you the background and guidance you need to effectively educate individuals across the continuum of physical therapy practice. Practical, real-life examples show you how to: incorporate health literacy and needs of the learner; assess and adapt to the various learning styles of patients; use simulations in education; facilitate the development of clinical reasoning skills; and assess learning outcomes and the effectiveness of your teaching. Plus, four all-new chapters and major revisions of all content throughout the book keep you on top of the latest research and best practices.Coverage of the theory and application of educational principles across the continuum of PT practice provides the information you need to improve your skills in the educational process both in academic and clinical settings. Two section format divides content into two parts:designing academic and clinical education programs and teaching students in academic and clinical settings; and teaching patients and families in clinical and community settings.Variety of teaching and teaching assessment methods expands your teaching, learning, and assessment repertoires.Case stories at the beginning of each chapter allow you to see the relevance of the information in the chapter.Threshold concepts highlight key ideas that are important to know.Annotated bibliography at end of each chapter provides resources for further study.NEW!Chapter on Authentic Assessment: Simulation-Based Educationreflects the new ways to facilitate student learning through the use of human simulation models. NEW!Chapter on Strategies for Planning and Implementing Interprofessional Education covers the fundamental concepts of team-based care and interprofessional learning.NEW!Chapter on What Makes a Good Clinical Teacher? translates current research on clinical teaching into clinical education and practice.NEW!Chapter on Facilitating the Teaching and Learning of Clinical Reasoninghelps you applycurrent research on clinical reasoning in rehabilitation to clinical education and teaching.NEW! Two combined chapters on Patient Education and Health Literacy(previously chapters 8 and 12) and Applied Behavioral Theory and Adherence: Models for Practice(previously chapters 9 and 10) provide focused presentations on current thinking and practical strategies for addressing health literacy issues in the clinical environment.NEW!Expanded chapter on Post-Professional Clinical Residency and Fellowship Education offers more information on models and trends in residency education and mentoring.