Reliability and validity assessment
- au: Edward G. Carmines, Richard A. Zeller.
- Publish: Beverly Hills, Calif : Sage Publications c1979.
- 出版年: 1979
- cu: A
- sb: Statistical methods , Social sciences Methodology , Methodology , Social sciences Statistical methods , Social sciences
- ISBN: 0803913710 , 9780803913714
- ps: The authors present an elementary and exceptionally lucid introduction to issues in measurement theory. They define and discuss validity and reliability; proceed to a discussion of three basic types of validity, including criterion, content, and construct validity; present an introductory discussion of classical test theory, with an emphasis on parallel measures; and present a clear discussion of four methods of reliability estimation, including the test-retest, alternative form, split-half, and internal consistency methods of reliability assessment. The text is concluded with a discussion of the use of reliability assessment for purposes of correcting bivariate correlations for attenuation due to random measurement error Includes bibliographical references (p. -57) Editor's introduction 1. Introduction. Definition of measurement Reliability and validity defined Random and nonrandom measurements error 2. Validity. Criterion-related validity Content validity Construct validity 3. Classical test theory. Reliability of measurements Parallel measurements 4. Assessing reliability. Retest method Alternative-form method Split-halves method Internal consistency method Correction for attenuation Conclusion Notes References Appendix. The place factor analysis in reliability and validity assessment Factor analysis and reliability estimation Factor analysis and construct validity Conclusion About the authors
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0654/79023020-d.html
- ref_id: 000246863
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結