Pain management and sedation :emergency department management
- au: edited by Sharon E. Mace, James Ducharme, Michael F. Murphy.
- Publish: New York : McGraw-Hill, Medical Pub. Division c2006.
- 出版年: 2006
- sb: Pain , methods , Emergency medicine , Emergency Treatment , therapeutic use , Analgesics , Emergency Treatment methods , organization & administration , Analgesics therapeutic use , Pain drug therapy , Pain Treatment , Sedatives , Treatment , Emergency Service, Hospital organization & administration , Emergency Service, Hospital , Analgesia , Anesthesia , drug therapy
- ISBN: 0071442022 , 9780071442022
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000244743
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
DETAILED GUIDANCE ON PAIN RELIEF IN THE EDThis thorough and informative text provides ready, expert answers to both everyday questions and to the often challenging, complex, and diverse issues that arise around pain management and sedation in the emergency department. Written by three leading authorities, Pain Management and Sedation provides in-depth, yet practical and easy-to-find guidance on relieving the complaint that brings more than 50% of patients to emergency care. A groundbreaking work, it is the first text to treat this important subject in depth from the emergency room perspective.Covering every aspect of the subject, Pain Management and Sedation offersStep-by-step guidance on approaches to patients, from preprocedure through dischargeSystem-by-system patient evaluation protocolsIn-depth coverage of specific techniques, from conscious sedation through iontophoresisDrug-class by drug-class guidance on pharmacologic agentsSpecific guidance on pediatric, geriatric, pregnant, neonatal, and other patients with special considerationsCoverage of useful techniques such as TENS, hypnosis, psychologic approaches, and other nonpharmacologic interventionsExpert advice on key policy, administrative, and legal concernsEXPERT GUIDANCEPatient assessment protocolsDrug regulationsDrug-seeking patientsLocal and regional anesthesiaConscious sedationDrug therapeutics, with dosage chartsPatients with special considerationsAnxiety reliefNonpharmacologic interventionsLegal and administrative issues