Healthcare leadership in times of crisis :a model for managing threats to organizations
- au: Dennis W. Tafoya, Lindsey Poeth.
- Publish: Cham : Palgrave Macmillan c2021.
- 出版年: 2021
- sb: Health Services Administration. , Leadership.
- ISBN: 3030759644 , 3030759652 , 9783030759643 , 9783030759650
- ISSN: 3030759644 , 9783030759643
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ab: This book addresses the challenges that healthcare organizations experiences when attempting to manage the emergence of troublesome events or crises. It illustrates how experiences gained from event and crisis containment efforts can better prepare these organizations to prevent and/or manage other crises they may experience. Using a model outlining the relationship between a mismanaged event and the triggering of a crisis, the author defines the role of the leadership in healthcare organizations when developing, launching, and managing plans and programs to deal with these dangerous challenges brought on by crises, catastrophes, and disasters to their stakeholder networks. Readers with expertise in leadership and crisis management in general and healthcare management specifically will find this text useful in linking leadership expectations and competencies to event and crisis containment efforts. Dennis W. Tafoya (PhD, the University of Michigan, MS, the University of Pennsylvania) has more than 30 years of academic and business experience across a variety of fields. He is President of CompCite Inc., an international research and development firm that focuses on factors affecting individual, group and organizational performance. He has authored patents, numerous articles and books related to organizational and systems theory. Lindsey Poeth (BA, Economics University of Rochester) is a Certified Senior Advisor and owner of Oasis Senior Advisors Mainline. Lindsey has 20 years experience covering health care, Consumer Package Goods, and electronics industries, with a major focus on pharmaceutical market research. Lindsey uses her expertise in the senior healthcare lifestyle issues to help families navigate the available care options
- URL: Connect Connect Connect
- ref_id: 000293042
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入