Using theory to explore health, medicine, and society
- au: Peter Kennedy and Carole Ann Kennedy.
- Publish: Bristol, UK : Policy Press 2010.
- 出版年: 2010
- sb: Sociology, Medical , Public Health Practice , Social Problems
- ISBN: 1847424015 , 1847424023 , 1847424015 , 1847424023 , 9781847424013 , 9781847424020 , 9781847424013 , 9781847424020
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000241113
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Peter (sociology, Glasgow Caledonian U.) and Carole Ann (Open U., Scotland) assess the expanding influence of medicine into popular social issues such as obesity, binge drinking, happiness, and therapy. They also discuss how sociological theory and concepts play their part in producing or representing the dynamics of medicalization. Among their topics are medicine in modernity as a critical political economy, the happiness and self-help industry, medicine in a risk society, moral panic and binge drinking, and contesting paradigms in the medicalization of obesity. Distributed in the US by ISBS. Annotation 穢2010 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)