Textbook of endocrine physiology
- au: edited by Willaim J. Kovacs, Sergio R. Ojeda.
- Publish: Oxford : Oxford University Press c2012.
- 出版年: 2012
- ver: 6th ed
- sb: Endocrine Glands , Hormones physiology , Endocrine Glands physiology , physiology , Hormones
- ISBN: 0199744122 , 9780199744121
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000239159
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
The sixth edition of this highly popular text retains its comprehensive coverage of endocrine basics from previous editions while featuring entirely new chapters on several topics, including the assessment of endocrine function, sexual differentiation, growth regulation, the thyroid, the adrenals, and calcium homeostasis. Chapters have been updated and reorganized to make information easily accessible in concise form, and new figures and tables have been added to enhance the presentation of complex concepts. Fundamental principles of endocrine physiology are reinforced with illustrative examples from clinical observation and the limitations of current knowledge are properly identified. The ideal resource for students entering the field, the Textbook of Endocrine Physiology aims to provide for all a solid basis in fundamentals of endocrinology and for some, inspiration for the pursuit of advanced medical or graduate studies in the field.