Hematology :clinical principles and applications
- au: [edited by] Bernadette F. Rodak, George A. Fritsma, Elaine M. Keohane.
- Publish: St. Louis, Mo : Elsevier Saunders 2012.
- 出版年: 2012
- ver: 4th ed
- sb: Hematopoiesis , Blood Cells physiology , Diseases , Hemostasis , Hematologic Diseases , Hematologic Tests methods , Hematologic Tests , Hematology , Blood Diseases , Blood Cells , Blood , diagnosis , Hematologic Diseases diagnosis , physiology , methods
- ISBN: 1437706924 , 9781437706925
- ps: Previous ed.: 2007 Includes bibliographical references and index Pt. 1: Introduction to hematology. An overview of clinical laboratory hematology ; Safety in the hematology laboratory ; Specimen collection ; Care and use of the microscope ; Quality assurance in hematology and hematopoiesis testing -- Pt. 2: Hematopoiesis. Cellular structure and function ; Hematopoiesis ; Erythrocyte production and destruction ; Energy metabolism and membrane physiology of the Erythrocyte ; Hemoglobin metabolism ; Iron metabolism ; Leukocyte development, kinetics and functions ; Platelet production, structure, and function -- Pt. 3: Routine laboratory evaluation of blood cells. Routine and point-of-care testing in hematology: manual and semiautomated methods ; Examination of the peripheral blood smear and correlation with the complete blood count ; Bone marrow examination ; Body fluids in the hematology laboratory -- Pt. 4: Hematopathology: erythrocyte disorders. Anemias: red blood cell morphology and approach to diagnosis ; Disorders of iron and heme metabolism ; Anemias caused by defects of DNA metabolism ; Bone marrow failure ;Introduction to increased destruction of erythrocytes ; Intrinsic defects leading to increased erythrocyte destruction ; Extrinsic defects leading to increased erythrocyte destruction- nonimmune causes ; Extrinsic defects leading to increased erythrocyte destruction- immune causes ; Hemoglobinopathies (structural defects in hemoglobin) ; Thalassemias -- Pt. 5: Leukocyte disorders. Nonmalignant leukocyte disorders ; Introduction to leukocyte neoplasms ; Cytochemistry ; Cytogenetics ; Molecular diagnostics in the clinical laboratory ; Flow cytometric analysis in hematologic disorders ; Myeloproliferative disorders ; Myelodysplastic syndromes ; Acute leukemias ; Mature lymphoid neoplasms -- Pt. 6: Hematology in selected populations. Pediatric and geriatric hematology -- Pt. 7: Cell counting automation. Automated cell counting instrumentation -- Pt. 8: Hemostasis and thrombosis. Normal hemostasis and coagulation ; Hemorrhagic coagulation disorders ; Thrombosis risk testing ; Thrombocytopenia and thrombocytosis ; Qualitative disorders of platelets and vasculature ; Laboratory evaluation of hemostasis ; Monitoring antithrombotic therapies ; Coagulation instrumentation
- ref_id: 000236223
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Featuring hundreds of full-color photomicrographs, Hematology: Clinical Principles and Applications prepares you for a job in the clinical lab by exploring the essential aspects of hematology. It shows how to accurately identify cells, simplifies hemostasis and thrombosis concepts, and covers normal hematopoiesis through diseases of erythroid, myeloid, lymphoid, and megakaryocytic origins. This book also makes it easy to understand complementary testing areas such as flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and molecular diagnostics. Well-known authors Bernadette Rodak, George Fritsma, and Elaine Keohane cover everything from working in a hematology lab to the parts and functions of the cell to laboratory testing of blood cells and body fluid cells.Full-color illustrations make it easier to visualize complex concepts and show what you'll encounter in the lab.Learning objectives begin each chapter, and review questions appear at the end.Instructions for lab procedures include sources of possible errors along with comments.Case studies provide opportunities to apply hematology concepts to real-life scenarios.Hematology instruments are described, compared, and contrasted.Coverage ofhemostasis and thrombosis includes the development and function of platelets, the newest theories of normal coagulation, and clear discussions of platelet abnormalities and disorders of coagulation.A bulleted summary of important content appears at the end of every chapter.A glossary of key terms makes it easy to find and learn definitions.Hematology/hemostasis reference ranges are listed on the inside front and back covers for quick reference.Respected editors Bernadette Rodak, George Fritsma, and Elaine Keohane are well known in the hematology/clinical laboratory science world.Student resources on the companion Evolve website include the glossary, weblinks, and content updates.New content is added on basic cell biology and etiology of leukocyte neoplasias.Updated Molecular Diagnostics chapter keeps you current on techniques being used in the lab.Simplified hemostasis material ensures that you can understand this complex and important subject.Coverage of morphologic alteration of monocytes/macrophages is condensed into a table, as the disorders in this grouping are more of a biochemical nature with minimal hematologic evidence.