1001 pediatric treatment activities :creative ideas for therapy sessions
- au: Ayelet Danto, Michelle Pruzansky.
- Publish: Thorofare, NJ : SLACK c2011.
- 出版年: 2011
- sb: Psychomotor Disorders rehabilitation -- Handbooks , Psychomotor Disorders , Occupational Therapy methods -- Handbooks , therapyHandbooks , rehabilitationHandbooks , Handbooks , Occupational Therapy , Child , Psychomotor Disorders therapy -- Handbooks , Child Handbooks , methodsHandbooks
- ISBN: 1556429681 , 1556429681 , 9781556429682 , 9781556429682
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index Proprioceptive activities Motor planning Pressure modulation Bilateral integration/crossing midline Vestibular system Tactile sensitivity Oral motor Visual perception Visual motor integration Visual scanning Body dissociation Finger individuation Hand skills Open webspace Fine motor Pinch grasp manipulation Hand strengthening Core-strengthening activities Balance activities Upper arm strengthening and stabilization Increasing attention Organizational skills Increasing social interaction and relatedness Group activities Seasonal-themed projects and activities
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1311/2010043449-b.html http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1204/2010043449-d.html http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1204/2010043449-t.html
- ref_id: 000233611
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Keep your pediatric clients actively engaged in their therapy session with 1001 Pediatric Treatment Activities: Creative Ideas for Therapy Sessions. Written for pediatric occupational therapy and physical therapy clinicians, graduate students, pediatric academic courses, and those in fieldwork and internships, this user-friendly guide will provide you with new ideas and activities designed to enhance your treatment session while maintaining your client’s attention and interest.1001 Pediatric Treatment Activities was written with the intent to be used among a wide range of populations and pediatric settings. Specifically, these settings include a pediatric clinic, school-based setting, hospital, and home-based therapy. This quick and simple reference is organized and written in a way that enables the user to quickly open it and skim a chapter for new treatment ideas. More than 350 photographs are included to supplement treatment activities that require further explanation. The durable spiral binding allows the book to lay flat in times when space is limited, such as in the classroom or clinic.1001 Pediatric Treatment Activities covers treatment areas that are typically addressed in pediatric therapy: • Sensory Integration • Visual System • Dissociation Activities • Hand Skills • Body Strengthening and Stabilizing • Cognitive and Higher-Level Skill Building • Social Skills1001 Pediatric Treatment Activities by Ayelet Danto and Michelle Pruzansky offers therapists and students a comprehensive mix of easy-to-use therapeutic activities that they may not know exist or have not thought about including in their practice. Therapists can quickly find ideas for specific impairments and design creative and resourceful treatment sessions using the activities provided. Each chapter includes:• A brief description explaining the treatment topic • An explanation of why a particular skill is important • A list of compensatory strategies that may be employed by the therapist to assist the child who is deficient in a particular skill • A list of treatment ideas and activities in which to engage, in order to work on the specific treatment goal • Examples of commercial products that can be used to address the treatment goalWhen working with children for extended periods of time in the same environment, it can be challenging to find and develop new and exciting treatment activities. This unique resource offers more than a thousand ideas all in one place. 1001 Pediatric Treatment Activities will quickly prove to be invaluable to any new or experienced pediatric therapist looking for new ideas for a therapy session.