Differential diagnosis for physical therapists :screening for referral
- au: Catherine Cavallaro Goodman, Teresa E. Kelly Snyder.
- Publish: St. Louis : Elsevier Saunders c2013.
- 出版年: 2013
- ver: 5th ed
- sb: Physical Therapy Modalities , Diagnosis, Differential
- ISBN: 1437725430 , 1437725430 , 9781437725438 , 9781437725438
- ps: Includes QR codes that correspond to appendices or reference lists. References are linked to the Medline abstract where available Includes bibliographical references and index Introduction to the screening process Introduction to screening for referral in physical therapy Interviewing as a screening tool Pain types and viscerogenic pain patterns Physical assessment as a screening tool Viscerogenic causes of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction Screening for hematologic disease Screening for cardiovascular disease Screening for pulmonary disease Screening for gastrointestinal disease Screening for hepatic and biliary disease Screening for urogenital disease Screening for endocrine and metabolic disease Screening for immunologic disease Screening for cancer Systemic origins of neuromuscular or musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction Screening the head, neck, and back Screening the sacrum, sacroiliac, and pelvis Screening the lower quadrant: buttock, hip, groin, thigh, and leg Screening the chest, breasts, and ribs Screening the shoulder and upper extremity
- ref_id: 000233590
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Following the standards for competency established by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) related to conducting a screening examination, Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists, 5th Edition gives you a consistent way to screen for systemic diseases and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems. This comprehensive text centers on a 5-step screening model that covers past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms for each client.5-Step screening model for differential diagnosis includes past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms. Systems-based approach to the physical therapy screening interview provides a consistent way to screen for systemic disease and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems.Three sections of content present material in a logical way that covers:An introduction to the screening processViscerogenic causes of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunctionSystem origins of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunctionCognitive processing and reasoning orientation approach encourages you to gather and analyze data, pose and solve problems, infer, hypothesize, and make clinical judgments.Case examples and case studies give real-world examples of hot to integrate screening information into the diagnosis process.Screening tools in the book and on the Evolve companion website feature forms and checklists used in professional practice.Introductory information on medical screening concepts set the stage for how screening is presented in the rest of the book.Reference values for common clinical laboratory tests offer easy access to pertinent information references in a screening exam.Red flag histories, risk factors, clinical presentation, signs and symptoms, helpful screening clues, and guidelines for referral bring your attention to the important information a therapist needs to be aware of during the screening process.�NEW! Full-color design, photos, and illustrations clearly demonstrate pathologies and processes.NEW and UPDATED! Evolve resources include printable screening tools and checklists, practice test questions, and more to enhance your learning.NEW! Hot topics keep you informed on rehabbing patients in the dawn or more current surgeries.