Evidence-based emergency care :diagnostic testing and clinical decision rules
- au: Jesse M. Pines, Worth W. Everett.
- Publish: Chichester, UK : Blackwell/BMJ Books c2008.
- 出版年: 2008
- sb: Infecties , Evidence-based practice , methods , Emergency medicine Decision making , Emergency Medicine , Intensive care , Diagnostiek , Emergency medicine , Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures , Diagnosis , Emergency medicine Diagnosis , Emergency Medicine methods , Evidence-based medicine , Trauma's (geneeskunde) , Decision making , Hart- en vaatziekten
- ISBN: 1405154004 , 1405154004 , 9781405154000 , 9781405154000
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index Diagnostic testing in emergency care -- Evidence-based medicine the process -- The epidemiology and statistics of diagnostic testing -- Clinical decision rules -- Cervical spine fractures -- Cervical spine fractures in older adults -- Cervical spine fractures in children -- Blunt abdominal trauma -- Acute knee injuries -- Blunt abdominal trauma -- Acute knee injuries -- Blunt head injury -- Blunt head trauma in children -- Acute ankle and foot injuries -- Occult scaphoid fractures -- Blunt chest trauma -- Occult hip fracture -- Heart failure -- Syncope -- Acute coronary syndrome -- Serious bacterial infections and occult bacteremia in children -- Bacterial meningitis in children -- Necrotizing fasciitis -- Pharyngitis -- Infective endocarditis -- Urinary tract infection -- Sinusitis -- Pneumonia -- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis -- Acute nonspecific, nontraumatic abdominal pain -- Bowel obstruction -- Acute pancreatitis -- Acute appendicitis -- Acute cholecystitis -- Kidney stones -- Testicular torsion -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Acute stroke -- Pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis -- Temporal arteritis -- Intraocular pressure -- Asthma
- URL: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0808/2007043480-b.html http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0808/2007043480-d.html http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0808/2007043480-t.html
- ref_id: 000228319
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
This useful handbook provides a concise compilation of the evidence supporting diagnostic testing and clinical decision rules in emergency care. Clinical decision rules are now widely recognised as best practice for the ordering of diagnostic tests in the emergency department. Aimed at all physicians working with emergency and acute patients, the book begins with an overview of how to evaluate a diagnostic test using an evidence-based approach, followed by an explanation of the clinical decision rules and the methods of assessing the strength and applicability of the clinical prediction rule. These introductory chapters are followed by sections covering the following clinical areas: * Traumatic Injuries * Cardiology * Infectious Disease * Surgical and Abdominal Complaints * Urology * Neurology * Ophthalmology, Hematology, Rheumatology * Pulmonology. For each test and clinical decision rule, the most current and best available studies in the literature are discussed and applied to emergency department and acute care patients in addressing the question at hand, followed by an overall recommendation on how to use the test or rule in the clinical context. Evidence-Based Emergency Care is an accessible and extremely useful reference for physicians at all levels to use in applying an evidence-based approach to ordering and interpreting tests in an acute care environment.