Health professional as educator :principles of teaching and learning
- au: Susan B. Bastable ... [et al.].
- Publish: Sudbury, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning c2011.
- 出版年: 2011
- sb: Education, Professional , Professional Role , Health Personnel , Learning , Patient Education , Teaching
- ISBN: 0763792780 , 9780763792787
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index Overview of education in health care / Susan B. Bastable, Pamela R. Gramet -- Ethical, legal, and economic foundations of the educational process / M. Janice Nelson, Catherine V. Caldicott -- Applying learning theories to healthcare practice / Margaret M. Braungart, Richard G. Braungart, Pamela R. Gramet -- Determinants of learning / Sharon Kitchie -- Developmental stages of the learner / Susan B. Bastable, Michelle A. Dart -- Compliance, motivation, and health behaviors of the learner / Eleanor Richards, Kirsty Digger -- Literacy in the adult client population / Susan B. Bastable -- Gender, socioeconomic, and cultural attributes of the learner / Susan B. Bastable -- Educating learners with disabilities / Deborah L. Sopczyk, Kay Viggiani -- Behavioral objectives / Susan B. Bastable, Julie A. Doody -- Instructional methods and settings / Kathleen Fitzgerald -- Instructional materials / Diane S. Hainsworth -- Technology in education / Deborah L. Sopczyk, Nancy Doyle, Karen Jacobs -- Evaluation in healthcare education / Priscilla Sandford Worral
- ref_id: 000226386
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Whether instructors, clinicians, or both, all health professionals educate patients, family members, colleagues, and students in the course of their careers. Health Professional as Educator: Principles of Teaching and Learning is a comprehensive overview of key educational concepts to enable health professionals in all fields to be more effective educators. Written by renowned educators and authors from a wide range of health backgrounds, this comprehensive text covers teaching and learning techniques as well as strategies, learning styles, and teaching plans.Health Professional as Educator includes information not found in other health education textbooks, such as adult literacy, teaching and learning of motor skills, and the impact of learner characteristics on the learning process. Examples related to healthcare practice are woven throughout the text and case studies featured in each chapter demonstrate how to apply theory to practice.