Bioactive foods and extracts :cancer treatment and prevention
- au: edited by Ronald Ross Watson, Victor R. Preedy.
- Publish: Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group c2011.
- 出版年: 2011
- sb: Medicine, Traditional , Neoplasms , Plants, Medicinal chemistry , Plants, Medicinal , Plant Extracts , diet therapy , Dietary Supplements , therapeutic use , chemistry , Plant Extracts therapeutic use , Neoplasms diet therapy
- ISBN: 1439816190 , 9781439816196
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000224260
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Oncology of course, but also biochemistry, nutrition, radiation biology, toxicology, and many other specialties are represented in these reports from modern scientific research into some of the traditional uses of fruits, vegetables, and herbs to prevent or treat cancer. They cover herbal medicines and bioactive foods and cancer treatment, bioactive foods and supplements in cancer prevention, specific cancers targeted by therapies with bioactive foods and their products, and non-botanical dietary compounds. Among specific topics are Greco-Arab and Islamic herbal medicine and cancer treatment/prevention, culinary spices in cancer chemoprevention, prunes and plums in health promotion, cruciferous vegetables and their components in preventing breast cancer, alcohol consumption and risk of colorectal cancer, dietary selenium and liver cancer, and dietary intake and the development of lung cancer. Annotation 穢2011 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)