Nutrition in public health :a handbook for developing programs and services
- au: edited by Sari Edelstein.
- Publish: Sudbury, Mass : Jones & Bartlett Learning c2011.
- 出版年: 2011
- ver: 3rd ed
- sb: Nutrition Policy , Nutrition Policy United States , Public Health Practice United States , Needs Assessment United States , Risk Factors United States , Public Health Practice , Needs Assessment , Nutritional Physiological Phenomena United States , Nutritional Physiological Phenomena , Risk Factors
- ISBN: 0763777919 , 9780763777913
- ps: Includes bibliographical references and index
- ref_id: 000222611
- type: 圖書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結
Nutrition in Public Health, Third Edition presents the most up-to-date information on assessing nutrition needs in the community and identifies best practices to promote health and prevent disease. It introduces readers to the relationship between nutritional epidemiology and the research, policies, and programs regarding prevention and treatment.The text provides a description of public health in the United States through data and expertise from relevant contributing authors, and discusses the active services and service agencies that are available in the United States. Each chapter has been updated and enhanced to provide the reader with a full understanding of public health nutrition. In addition, new topics have been added to the Third Edition to reflect today’s public health issues.Topics includeObesity in AmericaPrograms for the agedFood securityFood bioterrorismEnvironmental and economic concernsThis essential text provides the knowledge and tools that nutritionists, community health leaders, and policymakers need to implement effective community nutrition programs and services."The importance of nutrition in maintaining good health and preventing disease is more clear than ever before, but translating this knowledge into public health practice remains a huge challenge. Nutrition in Public Health will provide an invaluable guide to those taking on this essential task."-Dr. Walter Willett Harvard University School of Public HealthInstructor Resources including PowerPoint Presentations and an Instructor’s Manual are available as free downloads.