Global risk managementfinancial, operational, and insurance strategies[electornic resources]
- au: edited by J. Jay Choi and Michael R. Powers.
- Publish: Boston : JAI/Elsevier Science 2002.
- 出版年: 2002
- cu: International
- sb: Management , Social Science , Medical General , Medical , Globalization Economic aspects , General , International business enterprises , Risk management , Globalization , Management decision making , Economic aspects , International business enterprises Management , Social Science General
- ISBN: 1849501890 , 9781849501897
- ISSN: 0762309822 , 1569-3767 ;
- ps: Papers of a conference held on April 20, 2001 at the Fox School of Business and Management atTemple University, and sponsored by the Institute of Global Management Studies and the Advanta Center for Financial Services Studies Includes bibliographical references 99年度中區共購共享電子書 Exchange rate exposure : a simple model / Gordon M. Bodnar, Richard C. Marston -- The impact of the asian financial crisis on U.S. multinationals / George Allayannis, James P. Weston -- Managing political risk in the age of terrorism / Llewellyn D. Howell -- What's new in value-at-risk? A selective survey / Neil D. Pearson -- Security measures and determination of capital requirements / Jean-Pierre Berliet -- Integrating reinsurance strategy with asset strategy to achieve capital efficiencies / Joan Lamm-Tennant -- The flight to quality, global capacity and U.S. reinsurance prices / Joon-Hai Chung, Mary A. Weiss -- Global risk management : concepts and strategies / J.Jay Choi, MichaelR. Powers -- Leapfrogging the variance : the financial management of extreme-event risk / Michael R. Powers -- Assessing market and credit risk of country funds : a value-at-risk analysis / Michael G. Papaioannou, E.K. Gatzonas -- Risk, public perception, and education : quantitative and qualitative risk / Martin Shubik -- Frictions and tax-advantaged hedge fund returns / David M. Schizer -- Financial versus operational hedging / Bhagwan Chowdhry
- ab: In this age of international terrorism and international economic contagion, it is clear thatglobalization in its broadest sense - i.e., the breaking down of barriers - is often a double-edgedsword. The worldeconomy of the early twenty-first century offers substantial growth potential and strategic benefits for firms, but it also entails much risk, which must be measured and managed effectively. Consequently, business in today's world must constantly be alert to opportunities afforded by improving technology and financial market integration as they seek todevelop successful risk management programs. Often viewed as a narrow field focusing on derivatives or insurance, risk managementis in fact a much broader discipline, encompassing operational strategies as well as the financial and/or insurance decisions of the firm. This is particularly true for complex business enterprises operating in the international market.In view of the importance of risk management in practice aswellas in the academic literature, the Fox School of Business and Management at Temple University invited leading scholars of finance, risk management, and international business to examine the current status and future direction of global risk management as a discipline. The conference was held on April 20, 2001 at the Fox School under the auspices of the Institute of Global Management Studies (IGMS) and the Advanta Center for Financial Services Studies, as the Second Annual International BusinessForum sponsored by the IGMS.The conference was designed to be international in perspective and comprehensive in coverage. It includeddiscussions of concepts, measurement, and management of various types of risk. Each speaker was asked to make a presentation on one topic within the broad theme that not only would address the state-of-the-art but also would provide insights into specific emerging issues within the chosen topic. Much of this volume is a collection of articles presentedat that conferenc
- URL: Connect to Emerald resource
- ref_id: 000219081
- type: 電子書
- usertag: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結